1 Dead, 2 Hospitalized in Brownfield Trucking Accident
A teenager was killed and his two brothers injured following a firing collision involving an 18-wheeler near Brownfield, Texas.
Details of the Brownfield Trucking Accident
According to reports, the crash occurred around 4:45 pm on US 62/82 about eight miles south of Brownfield.
Preliminary reports say a pickup truck was traveling northbound on the highway when it rear-ended a tractor-trailer. The pickup caught fire.
17-year-old Patrick Daley was killed in the crash and 19-year-old James Dayley and 9-year-old Bartley John Daley were transported to University Medical Center in Lubbock with incapacitating injuries.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Head-On Collision Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in traffic accidents in Texas in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths recorded in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths recorded in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- An additional 265,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2016:
- One person was killed every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.