1 Dead, 2 Injured in Robstown Collision
A car crash in near Robstown, Texas left one dead and two others injured.
Details of the Fatal Corpus Christi Crash
According to the Corpus Christi Caller Times, Juan Galvan, a 60-year-old man, was driving his Chevy Impala on Country Road 44 when he tried passing a pickup truck and crashed head-on into a Nissan Pathfinder.
Galvan was pronounced dead on the scene. The young woman driving the Nissan along with her 3-year-old son were taken to a Corpus Christi hospital and are in stable condition.
Passing Cars on Rural Roads Safely
Always try to avoid passing vehicles on two lanes roads if possible as this can be extremely dangerous. If your line of sight has either been limited or completely restricted then it is illegal and unsafe to pass.
It is also illegal to pass if there is a solid yellow line or a stopped school bus.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.