18-Wheeler Crash Near Kingsville Shuts Down Southbound Highway 77
The southbound lanes of Highway 77 were shut down near Kingsville following a major trucking accident.
Details of the Kingsville Trucking Accident
According to KRIS-TV, the crash involved two 18-wheelers, though it is unclear how the accident occurred. KRIS estimated the crash took place between CR 2130 and CR 2120.
Traffic was diverted to Business 77 as the scene was cleared. A tweet sent by Corpus Christi TxDOT just before 9 am suggested the lanes could be closed for as long as four hours.
The crash remains under investigation. It is unclear if any injuries were sustained.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.