Two people are dead and a third is in critical condition following a fiery two-car crash near Fredericksburg on Friday morning.
Detail of the Fatal Fredericksburg Crash
According to MySA, the responders arrived to the scene of a two-car crash on Highway 87 North near the RR 2323 intersection at around 6:15 am Friday.
Both cars were on fire when responders arrived. The City of Fredericksburg noted in a press release that two people were killed in the crash and a third person was hospitalized in critical condition.
It is unclear how the crash occurred. The incident remains under investigation.
Highway 87 was closed as crews worked the scene, but it has since been re-opened.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- 985 people were killed in crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Texas Car Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our Texas car crash attorneys have represented injured victims across the state for nearly 30 years. We have the experience and resources to handle your case aggressively and effectively. We will take immediate action on your case putting you in the best position to recover maximum compensation for your injuries.
Do not wait. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now for your free case consultation.