Fort Bend County sheriff’s deputies are investigating a fiery crash that left two adults and a toddler dead in Richmond on Friday.
About the Richmond Collision
According to Click 2 Houston, deputies received a call about a two-vehicle crash on Westpark Tollway near FM 1464 around 1:15 am Friday, July 2.
A preliminary investigation suggests a dark-colored sedan was traveling the wrong way when it struck a white Audi SUV. The white sedan was engulfed in flames with its driver trapped inside. The woman driving the Audi and the driver of the sedan, a 28-year-old man, were pronounced dead at the scene.
Investigators also said the 2-year-old nephew of the wrong-way driver was also in the vehicle but was not in a car seat. The toddler was given CPR at the scene are flown to the Texas Medical Center where he later died.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Texas car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.
Thomas J. Henry Law Offices with a Car Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Speak to an Austin car accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)