2 Hospitalized, One Charged in San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash
Two people were hospitalized and one person was charged following a head-on collision on San Antonio’s Southwest Side.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
KSAT reports the wrong-way collision occurred in the 4000 block of Southwest Military Drive, not far from Quintana Road, at around 5:00 p.m.
Police say an Audi SUV was traveling the wrong way on Southwest Military Drive when it crashed into a Mercedes.
The driver of the Mercedes, a 24-year-old woman, was rushed to the hospital. A passenger in the Audi was also taken to the hospital and critical condition.
The driver of the Audi, a 20-year-old man, was hospitalized in serious condition and found to be impaired and charged with intoxication assault.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Speak to a San Antonio Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in or around San Antonio, call Thomas J. Henry for immediate help.
Our law firm is committed to helping injured clients recover compensation for the damages they have suffered. We have experienced attorneys and industry-leading resources to help you with your case.
Call now for your FREE Case Review.