Three people were transported to the hospital Saturday night after a multi-car crash on Interstate 35 in North Austin.
Details of the Interstate 35 Crash
According to KXAN, the crash occurred around 11:00 pm at 5621 North I-35 near Highway 290.
At least one of the vehicles involved in the crash overturned, and an occupant of that vehicle was ejected.
One person was taken to Dell Seton with critical, life-threatening injuries, and a second person was transported to the hospital with serious injuries. A third person suffered minor injuries.
The crash remains under investigation. The identities of those involved were not released.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Speak to an Experienced Austin Car Accident Lawyer
Were you or a loved one injured in a car crash in or around Austin? Call Thomas J. Henry Law to get the help you need.
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has helped injured clients recover fair compensation for injuries and damages suffered in Austin car accidents. We work diligently to ensure our clients receive the medical attention they need while we build their cases for maximum compensation.
Call now for your FREE Case Review with an experienced Austin car accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.