4 Dead in Aransas County Head-On Collision
Four people were killed Friday in a head-on collision near Fulton.
Vehicle Attempting to Pass Multiple Vehicles When Collision Occurred
According to KRIS-TV, the fatal crash occurred when a 2014 Ford Escape traveling north on State Highway 35 crossed into oncoming traffic and struck a 2003 Honda Civic. Witnesses at the scene said the driver of the Ford, identified as 22-year-old Erin Caroline Donalson, had entered the southbound lane in an attempt to pass multiple vehicles when the crash occurred.
Three occupants of the Honda were pronounced dead at the scene. DPS has identified those victims as Jon Allen Massey, 33, Guadalupe Ramirez, 43, and Arabela Massey, 6. The front seat female passenger of the Honda was flown to Spohn Shoreline Hospital in Corpus Christi where she was listed in critical condition.
Donalson was also flown to Spohn Shoreline Hospital where she was later pronounced dead.
Crash scene investigators say that the driver of the Honda and two passengers were not restrained and were ejected from the vehicle. A third passenger was partially ejected.
The crash remains under investigation.
2016 Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in traffic crashes in Texas in 2016, marking a 5.45 percent increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 51.47% of the deaths recorded in 2016 occurred in rural areas of the state.
- 638 people were killed in head-on collisions in Texas in 2016.
- An estimated 265,070 people were injured in Texas traffic accidents in 2016.
- Based on reportable date for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes
- A person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.