A 6-year-old girl has died from injuries suffered in an ATV accident in Harris County of the weekend.
Details of the Fatal Harris County ATV Accident
News 4 SA reports 6-year-old Gisselle Garcia was determined to have irreversible loss of brain function and cessation of brain activity Monday after suffering life-threatening injuries in an ATV accident Friday, May 7.
According to KPRC, a 17-year-old girl was operating an ATV which Gisselle was riding on. The 17-year-old failed to yield at a yield sign and entered an intersection where it was struck by a Chevrolet Tahoe.
Harris County Sheriff Ed Gonzalez said the driver of the SUV, Arturo Guerrero, was speeding at the time of the crash.
The 17-year-old operating the ATV was pronounced dead at the scene. Guerrero was transported to the hospital where he was listed in stable condition, and his four passengers were not injured.
The crash remains under investigation by the Vehicular Crimes Division of the Harris County Sheriff’s Office.
ATV Accident Statistics
- 700 people are killed in ATV accidents every year
- 135,000 people are injured every year due to ATV accidents
- About one-third of the people killed in ATV accidents are under the age of 16
- The majority of ATV accidents are caused by user error
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our experienced Texas car accident lawyers have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.
Thomas J. Henry Law Offices with a Car Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Speak to an Austin car accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address:4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a Corpus Christi car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Speak to a San Antonio car accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)