7-Year-Old Girl Dead in San Antonio After Highway Crash
Seven-year-old Avery Fabela has passed away due to injuries sustained from a highway crash in San Antonio, Texas.
Details of the San Antonio Crash
The accident happened on U.S. Highway 90 near West Military on Saturday just before 6 P.M. According to witnesses, a speeding driver heading East burst a tire, rolled over a guardrail, and crashed into a taco truck, according to News 4 San Antonio.
Police found two adults and one child in the car. The female driver was alert and conscious when police arrived. The male passenger was unconscious but still breathing, and the 7-year-old was badly injured. They rushed them to the hospital, where the 7-year-old later died from her injuries.
The female driver is being treated and is in stable condition. The man, assumed to be the girl’s father, is in serious condition.
Texas Motor Vehicle Traffic Statistics 2018
Information taken from the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.