7-Year-Old Seriously Injured at Ahwatukee Trampoline Park
About the Ahwatukee Trampoline Park Accident
According to ABC 15, the accident occurred last Tuesday at around 6:30 pm at the Urban Air Indoor Trampoline Park near Interstate 10 and Ray Road.
Officials say the girl was rushed to the hospital after falling more than 20 feet. The details of the accident and the injuries sustained were not immediately available.
The trampoline park features trampolines, obstacle courses, and climbing walls. The location had opened on January 27, only three days prior to the incident.
About Trampoline Accidents
Information below provided by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
- Landing wrong while jumping
- Attempting stunts
- Colliding with another person on the trampoline
- Falling or jumping off the trampoline
- Landing on the springs or frame of the trampoline
- Broken bones
- Concussions and other head injuries
- Bruises, scrapes, and cuts
- Neck and spinal cord injuries that can result in permanent paralysis or death also occur.
Statistics on Trampoline-Related Injuries and Deaths
- According to The Huffington Post, over 1 million people went to the emergency room for trampoline-related injuries between 2002 and 2011.
- Nearly 300,000 of those injuries involved broken bones.
- The vast majority – 92.7% – of trampoline-related fractures occurred in people ages 16 and younger.
- Broken bones involving the spine are rare, comprising around 1% of injuries.
- In 2012, the American Academy of Pediatrics urged pediatricians to advise parents and children against recreational trampoline use.
Contact an Experienced Premises Liability Attorney
Because of careless property owners, many people will suffer catastrophic injuries such as brain injuries or spinal cord injuries. The nature of many injuries which occur on dangerous property can be more than painful- they can be permanent.
Do not let your injuries overwhelm your life. If you have been seriously injured as a result of a condition or the use of real property, contact Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys. As your premises liability lawyer, we will secure proper medical care and fight to make sure you receive proper compensation. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.