8 Children, Bus Driver Injured in San Patricio School Bus Crash
Eight children and a bus driver were injured Wednesday morning when a car collided with a school bus in San Patricio County.
Details of the San Patricio County School Bus Accident
According to KRIS-TV, the accident occurred near the intersection of TX-359 and County Road 1038, just south of Mathis.
Authorities say the bus driver was traveling southbound on TX-359 and attempted to make a left turn onto CR 1038 when it was struck by a car, also traveling southbound, attempting to pass multiple vehicles.
The car struck the front, driver side of the bus. The bus driver was transported to the hospital and children were released to the custody of their parents to get checked out.
School Transportation Accident Statistics
- According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), there were 1,344 people killed in school-transportation-related crashes recorded between 2004 and 2013. This averages to 134 fatalities per year.
- Of the 1,344 fatalities, only 8 percent were occupants of school transportation vehicles.
- Most (71%) of the people who lost their lives in these crashes were occupants of other vehicles involved in the crashes.
- Nonoccupants, including pedestrians, bicyclists, etc., accounted for 21 percent of the fatalities.
- Among the 106 occupants killed in school transportation vehicles between 2004 and 2013, 45 were drivers and 61 were passengers.
Was Your Child Injured in a School Bus Accident? Speak with Our Corpus Christi Injury Attorneys
If your child has been injured in a school bus accident, contact Thomas J. Henry Law. Our bus accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with medical bills on qualified cases.
We handle all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)