About the Fatal Austin Car Crash
On Tuesday, April 28, a two-car crash occurred on the 2100 block of East Anderson Lane at around 12:18 p.m. The Austin-Travis County emergency medical services along with the Austin police were responded to the scene.
Three individuals had to be rescued from their vehicles – a car and a box truck – while the EMS team performed CPR on one victim. All three were transported to a nearby hospital.
One of the individuals died from their injuries while another had life-threatening injuries. The third victim did not sustain severe injuries.
Texas Car Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,721 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2017, marking a slight decrease from the 3,794 deaths reported in 2016.
- 552 of the deaths reported in 2017 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 254,853 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2017.
- Based on reportable data for 2017, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 21 minutes.
- One person was injured every 2 minutes and 4 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 59 seconds.
Long-term Effects of Car Accidents
Even when injuries have healed, victims of a car accident can suffer long-lasting emotional and psychological effects, including:
- Emotional distress
- Sleep disturbances
- Anxiety and shock
- Weight and appetite gain/loss
- Fear of driving
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Accident Lawyer
you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.