Corpus Christi Police Respond to Multi-Vehicle Crash on SPID
Police responded to a multi-vehicle crash near the intersection of Airline Road and SPID Monday afternoon.
Details of the Corpus Christi Crash
According to KRIS-TV, the crash occurred around 2:30 p.m. when a vehicle was traveling at a high rate of speed clipped two other cars before veering into a parking lot, flipping over, and hitting several other vehicles.
It was not clear how many people were injured in the collision, but at least one person was hospitalized in a serious-critical condition. Ambulance crews also took an infant to the hospital.
All lanes of traffic were closed along the 5900 block of SPID WB at Airline. Drivers were urged to find an alternate route.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Speak with an Experienced Corpus Christi Car Accident Attorney
If you have been involved in a car accident in or around Corpus Christ, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law today. We have experienced Corpus Christi car accident lawyers ready to assist you and take immediate action on your claim.
Our attorneys are available 24/7 and provide free case consultations to all injured victims. Call now.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873(attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)