Crash Near Mathis Leaves Two People Dead
Two people were killed Thursday morning following a violent crash between two pickups in San Patricio County, between Mathis and Sinton.
Details of the Fatal San Patricio Crash
According to KIII-TV, the crash occurred at the intersection of TX-188 and FM 796. The impact of the collision caused both trucks to leave the roadway, with one coming to rest on its side several yards away.
San Patricio County Deputies and Sinton Fire Department extricated the victims from the pickups. Both were declared dead.
It is unclear how the crash occurred, and the names of those involved have not been released.
Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Speak with an Experienced Texas Injury Attorney
Losing a loved one is never easy. The loss can be even more tragic when it is the result of negligence or reckless behavior. Our injury attorneys are committed to helping the families that have lost a spouse, parent, or child to the negligence of another.
Call now to speak with a licensed Corpus Christi wrongful death attorney about your rights. We can help you and your family obtain justice as well as fair financial compensation to help protect your financial future.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.