Driver Impaled, Killed in Harris County After Crashing into 18-Wheeler Carrying Rebar
A man was killed in the Deer Park area Tuesday when he collided with an 18-wheeler parked on the side of the road.
Details of the Fatal 18-Wheeler Accident
According to FOX News, the fatal crash happened early Tuesday morning on State Highway 225. Authorities say an 18-wheeler carrying rebar had pulled off the side of the road and stopped. The 18-wheeler was rear-ended by a sedan.
Rebar penetrated the sedan’s window, impaling and killing the driver. The deceased driver is described as a male in his 30s or 40s.
Police said the truck driver was sleeping in his truck while waiting to make a delivery when the crash occurred.
Common Causes of Truck Accidents in Texas
Texas regularly leads the nation in fatal truck accidents with 664 fatalities recorded in the state in 2017. Among the most common causes of fatal truck accidents seen by Thomas J. Henry Law are:
- Poor or improper training
- Distracted driving
- Driver fatigue
- Drowsy driving
- Poor vehicle or equipment maintenance
- Erratic or reckless driving
- Drunk driving
- Unsafe following distance
- Improper lane change
A Truck Accident Attorney in Texas Who is Ready to Fight for You
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we understand how difficult it is to work when you have been severely injured by a semi-truck or other commercial vehicle. That is why we can advance your court costs and litigation expenses. We can also advance money for living and medical expenses. You spend nothing and you pay no attorney’s fees unless we win your case. We do this because we have the confidence that comes with experience.
With a team of more than 200 experienced attorneys, you can rest assured that your claim is always being actively pursued. You worry about getting better, let our attorneys and dedicated support staff handled the rest.
Thomas J. Henry Law’s truck accident lawyers serve clients across Texas and nationwide from its offices in San Antonio, Corpus Christi, and Austin. Each office is fully staffed with the attorneys, staff, and legal resources necessary to ensure your case is handled aggressively and effectively. Should you have any questions about your legal options, call or visit one of our Texas law offices to discuss your claim. We are available 24/7, and initial consultations are always FREE!
Speak to a Truck Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Meet with a San Antonio truck accident lawyer:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an Austin truck accident lawyer:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with a Corpus Christi truck accident lawyer:
- Phone number:361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)