The Lakeway Police Department is investigating a major crash involving a dump truck and three passenger cars along Ranch Road 620.
Details of the Travis County Crash
According to KXAN, the crash occurred around 3:45 pm Tuesday.
It is currently unclear what caused the multi-vehicle crash, but authorities did have to shut down all lanes of RR 620 traveling in both directions as well as lanes on Lohmans Crossing Road.
EMS did respond to the scene, but information on possible injuries was not immediately available.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Injured in a Truck Accident? Contact an Austin Injury Attorney
If you have been injured in car crash in or around Austin, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry. For nearly 30 years, our law firm has represented injured clients in courtrooms across Texas. Over that time, we have secured record-breaking verdicts and settlements and have grown into the largest personal injury plaintiff’s firm in Texas.
We are available 27/7, nights and weekends to assist you. If you are unable to travel to our offices, we can send an attorney directly to you. Call now for a free case review with an experienced Austin truck accident lawyer.