Fiery Crash Kills Two in Downtown Dallas
Two people were killed in Dallas early Sunday morning as a result of a fiery crash along the Woodall Rodgers Freeway service road.
Speeding Suspected in Fatal Dallas Collision
According to FOX 4, first responders arrived at the scene at around 2:30 am. They found a Mercedes SUV on fire on the service road of Woodall Rodgers Freeway near Routh Street.
Authorities believe the driver of the Mercedes was speeding when the vehicle rear-ended another car. The initial collision caused the Mercedes to overturn and hit bridge support before catching on fire.
A man and a woman inside the Mercedes were killed.
One of the victims has been identified as Arizona Cardinals cornerback Jeff Gladney, 25.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Attorney
If you were injured or lost a loved one to a car crash in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Review.
For more than 25 years, our law firm has represented clients in Dallas and across Texas. Over that time, we have secured meaningful compensation for people injured in car crashes and other kinds of traffic accidents. We can help you deal with the stress and uncertainty following your crash or loss of a loved one.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends. Call now to speak with an experienced Dallas car accident lawyer.