About the Fatal Mount Pleasant Trucking Accident
According to ABC New Channel 9, the fatal crash occurred Friday when a tractor-trailer rear-ended a minivan on Interstate 30, about 100 miles northeast of Dallas. Police say the minivan was stopped on the interstate as an earlier wreck was being cleared.
41-year-old Jessica Brokish of Savoy, Illinois and her three children were killed in the crash. The children were ages 9, 6, and 2. The woman’s husband was hospitalized with unspecified injuries.
The driver of the tractor-trailer, 64-year-old Wanda Gebhardt of Pikeville, Tennessee, was also killed in the collision.
At least three other vehicles were involved in the chain-reaction crash.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.