Details of the Arkansas Trucking Accident
KATV reports that two tractor-trailers collided head-on on I-40 in Carlisle, Arkansas on Tuesday.
Preliminary reports indicate a truck driven by Jerry Stice, 64, of Westville, Oklahoma, crossed over the center line and crashed into a FedEx truck driven by Jesus Escareno, 47, of Houston. Stice and Escareno were pronounced dead at the scene as was a passenger in the FedEx truck, identified as Mark Lynch, 55.
The accident occurred around 3:30 pm, and traffic was directed to U.S. 70 as crews cleared the scene. The accident remains under investigation.
National Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Contact an Experienced Commercial Trucking Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an 18-wheeler accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced commercial trucking injury attorneys are available to respond to semi-truck accidents at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.