A Lubbock man is dead following an 18-wheeler accident in martin County near Midland early Thursday morning.
18-Wheeler Driver Failed to Yield Right of Way
According to Everything Lubbock, Antonio Perez Jr., 41, was a passenger in a pickup driven by Anthony Luna, 27. The pickup was struck by an 18-wheeler on State Highway 349 north of Midland as the 18-wheeler attempted to turn onto the highway from a private drive.
Police say the driver of the 18-wheeler, identified as Adrian Sanchez, 53, failed to yield the right of way leading to the accident.
Perez was pronounced dead at the scene. Luna was taken to Midland Memorial Hospital, and DPS said Sanchez was not hurn.
The crash occurred around 4:40 am in dry and clear conditions. All involved were wearing seat belts.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 4,951 people were killed in crashes involving large trucks in the United States in 2018, marking a 1-percent increase from 2017.
- Of those killed in traffic accidents involving large trucks:
- 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles
- 18 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 11 percent were pedestrians or bicyclists
- 77 percent of fatal crashes involving large trucks occurred on weekdays
- An additional 151,000 people were injured in trucking accidents in 2018, marking a 2-percent increase over 2017.
- Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
Injured in an Accident with an 18-Wheeler? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
Nobody thinks they are going to be involved in an 18-wheeler accident, and nobody looks forward to filing a lawsuit. At Thomas J. Henry Law, we want to aid you in your physical recovery as well as your financial recovery. Our goal is to make the claims process as easy as possible so that you can focus on what really matters, healing and taking care of your loved ones.
Our 18-wheeler accident attorneys in Texas have experience taking on 18-wheeler accident companies and understand the complex regulations and laws that commercial vehicles are subject to. We know that time is a critical factor when it comes to 18-wheeler accidents and will take immediate action on your case, securing and protecting evidence, determining fault, and initiating the litigation process. We can even help you get to and from your medical appointments, and we offer cash advances on qualified cases.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one to an 18-wheeler accident or a Texas truck accident, call our offices now. We have 18-wheeler accident lawyers near you ready to review you claim. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you. You focus on getting better. Let our attorneys handle the rest.
Speak with an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in San Antonio:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Austin:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)