One man is dead following a two-vehicle crash in Corpus Christi, Texas on November 19.
Details of the Fatal Car Accident Crash
According to KRIS-TV, the collision occurred around 8:21 pm at the intersection of Nile Ennis Joslin.
Police say Jesus Garcia was traveling in a vehicle with an SUV at the intersection. Garcia was ejected from the vehicle. Reports suggest Leroy Jasso, the driver of the vehicle Garcia was in, thought he had a green turn signal when he turned onto Ennis Joslin and was struck by the SUV.
Another passenger in the vehicle Garcia was in was injured.
Jasso, 21, was arrested on two counts of intoxication assault with a vehicle. One of those charges was upgraded to intoxication manslaughter following Garcia’s death.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Injured in a Drunk Driving Crash? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one were involved in a drunk driving crash in or around Corpus Christi, call Thomas J. Henry. Our law firm has the resources and experience to secure maximum compensation for injured clients. We will take immediate action on your claim and work to ensure you receive the justice you deserve.
Our Corpus Christi personal injury attorneys are available 24/7 to assist you. Call now for your FREE case review.