Police are searching for a driver who fled the scene for a deadly hit-and-run accident that killed a man in northeast Dallas.
Details of the Deadly Dallas Hit-and-Run
According to FOX 4, the hit-and-run occurred around 10:00 pm Tuesday near Park Lane and Greenville Avenue.
The victim, a man in his 70s, was walking when he was struck by the hit-and-run driver. The driver left the scene of the crash without stopping to render aid.
Investigators are looking at surveillance video in hopes of identifying the driver. Anyone with information on the accident should notify the police.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Hit by a Car or Truck? Contact Our Team of Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
If you or a loved one were hurt after being struck by an automobile, you may be entitled to compensation. Our team of experienced pedestrian injury lawyers is available 24/7, nights and weekends to evaluate your claim. We will help you recover the maximum amount of compensation and bring the negligent driver to justice. In addition, you won’t pay a thing unless we win your case. Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys has a track record of achieving record-breaking verdicts, settlements, and judgments for clients.
Extensive legal and financial resources allow our attorneys to put you in the best position possible to recover the damages you deserve. Contact us today for a free case review. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide.