Man Killed in Motorcycle Crash on I-10 in San Antonio
Officials have identified the victim of a fatal motorcycle accident along Interstate 35 earlier this week as 49-year-old Kirk A. Madariaga.
About the Fatal San Antonio Motorcycle Accident
KSAT reports the crash occurred around 10:30 p.m. Tuesday on I-35 near Martin Street.
Police say the Madariaga was traveling northbound on a Harley Davidson motorcycle approaching the upper and lower level split on the interstate when he collided with a Nissan Murano. Police suspect Madariaga was traveling in excess of the speed limit when the crash occurred.
Madariaga was not wearing a helmet or protective gear at the time of the collision and suffered extensive injuries. A witness performed CPR until EMS arrived to the scene. He was transported to Brooke Army Medical Center where he later died.
2019 Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- 5,014 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2019, marking a slight decrease from the 5,038 in 2018.
- On average, motorcyclists are roughly 29 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash per miles traveled.
- An additional 84,000 motorcyclists were injured in accidents in 2019.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Did you get into an accident while you were riding on your motorcycle? If you were seriously injured and you know that you did not have any fault in causing the accident, you should try to seek compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law would like to help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and the trauma you have experienced
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to provide your FREE case review. If your injuries prevent you from visiting our San Antonio offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249