Midland Man Charged with Intoxicated Manslaughter
Matthew Dillon Percifull, 32, of Midland, Texas, was charged with intoxicated manslaughter in relation to an accident that occurred on September 23, 2013 in which a man died.
Details of the Midland Auto Accident
- According to the Odessa American, the cars were both traveling on Interstate 20 – Percifulll was traveling east in the westbound lane and the other driver was traveling west in the westbound lane. The two cars collided near Penwell.
- The collision resulted in the death of Ingram Luca Macha, 24, a Reeves County jailer.
- Percifull’s blood tests resulted in a blood alcohol level of .367, which is 4.5 times the legal limit of .08.
- Percifull has three previous charges of driving while intoxicated: April 2002, September 2002 and March 2007.
- Percifull was booked into Ector County Detention Center on Wednesday, January 29, 2014 and was released the same day on a $50,000 bond.
Dangers of Driving While Intoxicated
- According to Lisa Earp, coordinator for trauma outreach and injury prevention at Medical Center Hospital, even drinking one drink can impair an individual’s driving abilities.
- A blood alcohol content of .01, which is below the legal limit, can start to affect depth perception and peripheral vision.
- There were 315 alcohol related accidents in Ector County, TX in 2012, of which 11 were fatal, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.
- Because of this serious problem in the state, they spend a great amount of money on advertising driving sober.
Contact an Experienced DUI/DWI Accident Attorney
If you suspect you have been injured because of a drunk driver, contact an attorney with the experience and aggressiveness to handle your case. Contact Thomas J. Henry. We will ensure that you get the full monetary compensation you deserve. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends and we represent clients/victims all over the country.