Motorcyclist Critically Injured in West Side San Antonio Crash
A man is listed in critical condition following a motorcycle crash on San Antonio’s West Side on Saturday night.
Details of the San Antonio Motorcycle Crash
According to News 4 SA, the crash occurred in the 100 block of Mercedes Street near Frio City Road around 11:40 pm.
The motorcyclist, a 34-year-old man, was riding a 2004 Kawasaki westbound on Mercedes Street when he lost control and fell to the crowd. He slid roughly 41 feet before coming to a stop.
The man was not wearing a helmet and suffered a wound to his head. He lost consciousness following the crash.
The motorcyclist was rushed to University Hospital for evaluation. He was listed in critical but stable condition.
2019 Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety:
- 5,014 motorcyclists were killed in crashes in 2019, marking a slight decrease from 5,038 in 2018.
- On average, motorcyclists are roughly 29 times more likely than passenger car occupants to die in a crash per miles traveled.
- An additional 84,000 motorcyclists were injured in accidents in 2019.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Contact an Experienced San Antonio Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Did you get into an accident while you were riding on your motorcycle? If you were seriously injured and you know that you did not have any fault in causing the accident, you should try to seek compensation. Thomas J. Henry Law would like to help you seek financial compensation for your injuries and the trauma you have experienced
Our attorneys are available 24/7 to provide your FREE case review. If your injuries prevent you from visiting our San Antonio offices, we can send an attorney directly to you.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249