One Dead, Another Injured in Central Texas Head-On Collision
Details of the Central Texas Head-On Collision
According to KWTX, the fatal crash occurred around 5:20 pm on U.S. Highway 190, about one mile east of San Saba.
The Department of Public Safety has identified the victims as Ashley Torres, 32, and Josh Sobish, III, 35.
Sobish was transported to Brownwood Regional Medical Center with incapacitating injuries.
A preliminary investigation determined that Torres was traveling west when she corossed the center stripe and collided head-on with Sobish.
2016 Texas Car Crash Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in traffic crashes in Texas in 2016. This marked a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- The majority of the traffic fatalities (51.47%) occurred in rural areas of the state.
- Head-on collisions accounted for 638 traffic deaths.
- An additional 265,076 people were injured in motor vehicle crashes in 2016.
- Based on reportable crash data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a crash every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Car Crash Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced auto accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.