Early Saturday, a motorist from Fort Worth was ejected from his vehicle on Interstate 20 and died of his injuries.
Details of the Fatal Fort Worth Collision
According to the Star Telegram, Kevin Williams, the victim, was pronounced dead at the scene at the age of 36.
Williams’ death was ruled an accident resulting from blunt force trauma according to the medical examiner’s office.
Williams lost control of his vehicle while driving on the interstate, which caused his vehicle to rollover. The reasons are still unknown as to why he lost control of the car.
Officers responded to the accident after 2 a.m. Saturday in the 5200 block of the eastbound lanes of Southeast Loop 820.
Texas Automobile Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Automobile Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have suffered a serious injury after being involved in an auto accident, contact Thomas J. Henry immediately. Our experienced auto accident injury attorneys are available to respond to car crashes at any hour, day or night. Our lawyers understand that the immediate acquisition of evidence is paramount to understanding how the accident occurred. We will take immediate action on your case.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Houston, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Remember, your choice does matter. Contact us today for a free legal consultation. Attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends.