One Dead in North Austin Motorcycle Accident
One person is dead following a late-night crash on North Interstate 35 Saturday night.
Details of the Fatal Austin Motorcycle Accident
CBS Austin reports the crash occurred around 11:145 pm Sunday night in the 13300 block of I-35 near Howard Lane. Both the motorcycle and the other vehicle involved, a pickup, were traveling northbound on the highway when the crash occurred.
Evidence from the scene indicates the motorcycle struck the back of the pickup. The motorcyclist, a man believed to be around 30-years-old, was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the pickup remained on site.
The accident remains under investigation. No charges have been filed.
Texas Motorcycle Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,531 people were killed in traffic collisions in Texas in 2015, marking little change from the 3,536 deaths recorded in 2014.
- Motorcyclists (passengers and operators) accounted for 459 of the fatalities recorded in 2015.
- Of the 459 motorcyclists killed, roughly 52 percent were not wearing a helmet at the time of their collision.
- An additional 246,335 people were injured in traffic accidents in Texas in 2015.
Injured in a Motorcycle Accident? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law. Our San Antonio motorcycle accident lawyers have the experience and the resources to handle your claim.
We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249