One Dead, Multiple Hurt in East Austin Crash
One person is dead and several others are injured as a result of a crash in East Austin on Sunday morning.
Details of the Fatal Austin Crash
According to CBS Austin, the fatal crash occurred around 10:30 am in the 7102-7242 area of Ed Bluestein Boulevard, south of the intersection of Manor Road and 183.
One person was pronounced dead at the scene, and several others were injured. One child was transported to Dell Children’s Medical Center, and at least one adult was transported to Dell Seton Medical Center with serious injuries.
All southbound lanes of 183 were closed following the crash with traffic being detoured to the frontage road at the Manor Road exit.
The accident remains under investigation.
Texas Trucking Accident Statistics
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recorded 438,000 trucking accidents in the U.S. in 2014.
- These accidents result in 3,903 deaths and 111,000 injuries.
- Of those killed in trucking accidents:
- 17 percent were occupants of large trucks
- 73 percent were occupants of other vehicles
- 10 percent were listed as nonoccupants, including bicyclists and pedestrians
- Texas led the nation in trucking accident fatalities with 553 trucking-related deaths reported. California followed Texas with 300 recorded deaths.
Have You Been Hit by a Large Truck? Call an Austin 18-Wheeler Accident Attorney Now
If you have been involved in a crash with a semi-truck, call Thomas J. Henry. In trucking accident cases, time is of the essence to collect evidence, determine who is at fault for your injuries, and start the legal process. Our Austin 18-wheeler accident lawyers will take immediate action on your case.
Call now to speak with an experienced truck accident attorney in Austin or fill out the contact form on this page and a lawyer will reach out to you. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to assist you and your family and offer FREE case consolations. Start your road to recovery today.
Our Austin, Texas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 5707 Southwest Pkwy, Suite 125 Building 2, Austin, Texas 78735 (walk-in Monday through Friday)