One Dead, One Injured in Multi-Vehicle Crash Near Manor
A three-vehicle crash involving an 18-wheeler outside Manor, Texas has left one person dead and another person injured.
About the Manor Trucking Accident
According to KXAN, the fatal crash happened just before midnight Saturday near the intersection of U.S. 290 eastbound and FM 1100.
Upon arriving at the scene, responders found one person pinned in the wreckage requiring extrication.
One patient was pronounced dead at the scene. A second patient was flown to Dell Seton via STAR Flight.
Lanes were closed temporarily but have since reopened.
2019 Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- An estimated 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashes in 2019.
- 5,005 people were killed in truck accidents in 2019, with large trucks accounting for 10 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal collisions for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously been involved in reported crashes – more than any other vehicle type.
- An additional 159,000 people were injured in truck crashes in 2019.
- Among the states with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652 deaths
- California: 408 deaths
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Speak to an Experienced 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
18-wheeler accidents can be catastrophic, resulting in serious injuries and death. When an 18-wheeler crash is caused by negligence or reckless behavior, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries.
Since 1993, Thomas J. Henry has fought for victims injured in 18-wheeler crashes across Texas. Protect your rights. Call Thomas J. Henry Law today to speak with an experienced Austin 18-wheeler accident attorney.