Oen person sustained serious pelvic injuries as a result of a drunk driving crash in Oak County last month.
Details of the Stone Oak Drunk Driving Crash
According to KENS5 News, one person was arrested in the aftermath of the drunk driving collision that occurred at the intersection of Evans Road and Canyon Golf Road in Oak County. The San Antonio Police Department blames driver intoxication for the two-car crash that left an SUV driver seriously hurt.
Witnesses state that the suspected drunk driver, 36-year-old Natalie J. Chapman, sped past a red light in her Infiniti G35 before hitting a BMW SUV sending it over the southeast curb. Thus, the impact left an unnamed victim with a fractured pelvis.
Chapman has been charged with intoxication assault.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collisions.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Texas Auto Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car crash, contact Thomas J. Henry. Our experienced San Antonio car accident attorneys have experience handling a multitude of injury accidents, no matter how severe the crash or injury. You may be entitled to compensation for your damages if another driver acted negligently. Our firm has the experienced lawyers and financial resources that you need to achieve the real results you deserve.
Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, and Austin, serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call us today for a free case review — attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends. If you cannot make it to our office, we can visit you at your home, in the hospital, or at work.