One Person Dead in Multi-Vehicle Irving Crash
One person is dead and several lanes of Highway 183 were closed following a crash near Dallas Fort Worth International Airport in Irving, Texas.
Details of the Irving Crash
According to CBS-DFW, the crash occurred around 5:00 am Thursday on Highway 183 between County Line Road and Valley View Lane.
Police said one person was killed in the crash and stated that several vehicles were involved in the collision. It was not clear if additional injuries occurred.
Information on what led up to the collision was not available.
Police shut down eastbound lanes of the highway following the crash. All eastbound traffic was made to exit the highway at Amon Carter Boulevard.
Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- 985 people were killed in crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds.
Speak with an Experienced Dallas Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a car accident in Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law to speak to an attorney. Our attorneys have represented injured victims across Texas for nearly 30 years. We have secured record-breaking verdicts and settlements and built a reputation as a firm that gets results.
Our Dallas car accident lawyers are available 24/7 to assist you with your claim.