Kingsville police are asking for the public’s help in locating a hit-and-run driver who fled from the scene of a pedestrian crash earlier this month.
Details of the Kingsville Hit-and-Run
According to KRIS-TV, a pickup truck hit a young male pedestrian in the 300 block of King Avenue on July 16 then fled the scene without rendering aid.
Surveillance video captured the truck leaving the scene then traveling westbound on the 500 block of King Avenue before turning northbound onto 7th Street.
Anyone with information pertaining to the case is urged to contact Investigator Celinda Gonzalez with the Criminal Investigation Bureau at (361) 593-8849. They may also submit a tip anonymously through Crime Stoppers at (361) 592-4636 or www.p3tips.com.
Texas Car Accident Statistics 2018
Information provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- There were 12,161 serious injury crashes in Texas in 2018 with 14,908 people sustaining a serious injury.
- There were 701 people killed in crashes occurring in intersections or related to an intersection.
- There were 548 people killed in head-on crashes in 2018.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2018.
- There were 940 people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes where a driver was under the influence of alcohol. This is 26% of the total number of people killed in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
Injured in a Collision? Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer in Corpus Christi
Were you injured in a motor vehicle collision in the state of Texas? Our auto accident lawyers in Corpus Christi are available 24/7 to help you and provide you with a free consultation. We will start work on your case right away, offering sound legal advice, speaking to the insurance companies on your behalf, gathering evidence for your case, and even helping with property damage and medical bills on qualified personal injury cases.
Our Texas pedestrian accident lawyers handle the insurance company and all negotiations, depositions, mediations, litigation, settlements, court appearances, and everything in between to ensure you get a fair settlement or outcome for your family. These are just a few of the reasons Expertise.com has recognized Thomas J. Henry as one of the Best Car Accident Lawyers in Corpus Christi. Contact Thomas J. Henry Law today for more information about the services we provide to clients in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Our Corpus Christi Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, Texas 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)