A woman has been charged with intoxication manslaughter following a fatal crash in Dallas Friday night.
Details of the Dallas Drunk Driving Accident
According to NBC-DFW, the crash occurred around 10:55 pm on Interstate 345 at Ross Avenue.
Authorities arrived to find a Jeep Patriot had collided with a FedEx semi-truck. The Jeep had multiple airbags deployed while the semi only suffered minor damage to one of its trailers. An investigation determined the driver of the Jeep, Aspin LaShawn Jackson, 21, to be at fault.
The front passenger of the jeep, a 29-year-old woman, was rushed to the hospital but died shortly after arriving.
Jackson and a second passenger were also hospitalized. Their conditions were not available.
Jackson faces a charge of intoxication manslaughter.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to a head-on collision.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Dallas Drunk Driving Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has been injured in a crash involving a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry. We have experienced car accident lawyers in Dallas ready to assist you. Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to hear your claim. We offer FREE case reviews, and our “No Fee Promise” means you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
If you are unable to travel to our office, we can send a lawyer directly to you. Call now.