Three Dead in Comanche County 18-Wheeler Accident
Three people are dead following a car accident in Comanche County on Thursday morning.
About the Comanche County 18-Wheeler Crash
According to KTAB, the crash occurred on Highway 6 near mile marker 391, just outside DeLeon, at around 9:15 am.
Authorities say the crash occurred when an 18-wheeler that was traveling southeast on the interstate cross the center line and into oncoming traffic. It is unclear how many other vehicles were involved in the crash and whether anyone else was injured.
Police are continuing their investigation into the fatal 18-wheeler accident
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) reports that 4,951 people were killed in accidents involving large trucks and 18-wheelers in the United States in 2018. This marked a 1-percent increase over 2017.
Of those killed, 71 percent were occupants of passenger vehicles, 18 percent were occupants of large trucks and 18-wheelers, 11 percent were pedestrians and bicyclists.
More than three-quarters of fatal 19-wheeler accidents occurred on weekdays.
Texas led the country in trucking accident deaths with 664 fatalities recorded. Texas was followed by California with 352 deaths and Florida with 321 deaths.
Another 151,000 people were injured in 18-wheeler and truck accidents in 2018.
Injured in an Accident with an 18-Wheeler? Contact Thomas J. Henry Law
Our Texas 18-wheeler accident attorneys have experience taking on 18-wheeler accident companies and understand the complex regulations and laws that commercial vehicles are subject to. We know that time is a critical factor when it comes to 18-wheeler accidents and will take immediate action on your case, securing and protecting evidence, determining fault, and initiating the litigation process. We can even help you get to and from your medical appointments, and we offer cash advances on qualified cases.
If you have been injured or lost a loved one to an 18-wheeler accident or a Texas truck accident, call our offices now. We have 18-wheeler accident lawyers near you ready to review your claim. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends, to assist you. You focus on getting better. Let our attorneys handle the rest.
Speak with an 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer in TX:
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in San Antonio:
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, TX 78249 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Austin:
- Phone Number: (512) 520-0221 (attorneys available 24/7, nights and weekends)
- Address: 4401 West Gate Blvd Suite 200, Austin, TX 78745 (walk-in Monday through Friday)
- Meet with an 18-wheeler accident lawyer in Corpus Christi:
- Phone number: 361-254-7873 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 521 Starr Street, Corpus Christi, TX 78401 (walk-in Monday through Friday)