Vehicle Rolls Across the Sidewalk, Leaves One Dead
A man was killed after a vehicle plowed into him while he was walking on a sidewalk on the North Side of San Antonio.
- According to KSAT, the incident happened at 9:30 p.m. Wednesday along southbound Highway 281, near Embassy Oaks in front of the Hooters restaurant.
- Police said a vehicle drove off the road into a ditch and barrel rolled across the sidewalk, hitting a man in his 50s.
- The victim was rushed to the hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
- The driver was assessed by police but was released to their family. There is no suspicion of the driver being intoxicated while driving.
- Police are still investigating the incident.
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, based on reportable crashes in 2022:
- 1 person was killed every 1 hour 57 minutes
- 1 person was injured every 2 minutes 9 seconds
- 1 reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
- 244,092 total persons were injured in motor vehicle traffic crashes.
- There were 484 people killed in crashes involving distracted driving. This is an 11.01% increase from 2021.
- There were no deathless days on Texas roadways in 2022.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motor vehicle collision, don’t hesitate to call Thomas J. Henry. Our team of experienced auto accident lawyers is well-equipped to handle a wide range of injury accidents, regardless of their severity. If the accident resulted from another driver’s negligence, you may be eligible for compensation for your losses. Our personal injury law firm boasts highly skilled attorneys and substantial financial resources, ensuring that you receive the rightful outcomes you deserve.
With offices conveniently located in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, Dallas, and Houston, we proudly serve clients throughout Texas and across the nation. Contact us today to request a complimentary case evaluation. Our attorneys are accessible around the clock, including nights and weekends. If you find it challenging to visit our office, rest assured that we can arrange to meet you at your residence, in the hospital, or at your workplace.