San Antonio Workplace Injury Attorneys
On the Job Injury Lawyers Serving Injured Clients in San Antonio and Surrounding Communities
When a worker is injured on the job, the results can be catastrophic. Pain, uncertainty, stress, medical expenses, and lost wages can leave you feeling hopeless and unsure of what the future holds. However, you do not have to face these challenges alone.
For the past 25 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has fought and secured justice for injured workers. Whether your injury was the result of negligence, faulty equipment, or lapses in safety or training, our San Antonio workplace injury attorneys have the experience and resources to handle your claim. Call now for your FREE case review.
Common Types of Workplace Injury
Workplace injuries come in many forms and can vary widely in severity. No matter how severe your injuries are, if they were caused by an accident due to an employer’s negligent actions, you may be entitled to compensation. Common examples of on the job injuries include:
- Back injuries
- Broken bones
- Cumulative trauma disorder
- Fallen object accidents
- Loss of fingers and limbs
- Lung cancer
- Neck injuries
- Severed nerve
- Spinal cord injuries
Our Industry Experts Can Help Your Work Injury Claim
One of the most important aspects of advancing your on the job injury case is retaining the right expert witnesses. An expert witness, or judicial expert, is an additional witness who has expertise and specialized knowledge in a particular subject that an average person may not have. Experts can provide invaluable expert reports and testimony in court trials and arbitration.
Finding the right expert for your workplace injury case is vitally important. We secure the best expert witnesses from across the country. Before participating in your workplace accident case, each expert we engage with has undergone a thorough examination and questioning. At Thomas J. Henry, we have spent a tremendous amount of time selecting the best experts available. In addition, our attorneys are always looking for innovative ways to use experts in on the job accident cases.
If you have were hurt on the job, experts used in your personal injury case may include:
- OSHA consultants
- Accident reconstructionists
- Welding experts
- Confined space permit experts
- Engineering experts
- Safety equipment experts
- Occupational and environmental health experts
- Hazardous chemical experts
- Process safety management experts
These experts can provide detailed information about an on the job accident. Because of the experts we use, we are able to bring in information that many other law firms lack. We use a multitude of expert witnesses, putting our injured clients in the best position possible to achieve the compensation they deserve. The best work injury lawyers will explore every legal option available to get fair compensation for an injured client.
On the Job Injury Statistics
The follow statistics regarding on the job accident injuries and fatalities in 2015 are provided by the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA):
- Approximately 2.9 million non-fatal workplace injuries and illnesses were reported by private industry employers.
- An estimated 752,600 injuries and illnesses were reported in 2015 among state and local government workers
- 4,836 workers died on the job
- This is the highest fatality total since 5,214 workers died in 2008.
- More than 13 workplace deaths occurred each day.
- Industries with the highest fatal work injury rates (per 100,000 full time workers):
- Agriculture, forestry, fishing, and hunting — 22.8
- Transportation and warehousing — 13.8
- Mining, quarrying, and oil and gas extraction — 11.4
- Construction — 10.1
- Overall rate of fatal work injury for workers — 3.38
- Top causes of fatal occupational injuries:
- Transportation incidents — 42.4%
- Falls, slips, and trips — 16.5%
- Contact with objects and equipment — 14.9%
- Violence and other injuries by persons or animals — 14.5%
- Exposure to harmful substances or environments — 8.8%
- Fires and explosions — 2.5%
- States with the highest number of fatal workplace injuries in 2015:
- Texas — 527
- California — 388
- Florida — 272
- New York — 236
- Ohio — 202
Injured On the Job? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one were injured on the job, contact Thomas J. Henry. Workplace accident victims deserve quality, dynamic representation from attorneys with the experience and legal resources to properly develop their case. Oftentimes, workplace injuries are severe and debilitating and put individuals out of work for an extended period of time.
Our San Antonio Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 210-941-2191 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 5710 W Hausman Rd, Suite 108, San Antonio, Texas 78249