2 Adults, 2 Children Killed in Hamilton Head-On Collision
Police are investigating a fatal head-on collision in Hamilton, Texas which left four people dead, including two children.
About the Fatal Hamilton Head-On Crash
According to KXXV, the fatal crash happened around 2:43 pm on Thursday, June 2 on U.S. 281.
Officers arrived at the scene to find a pick-up truck and a tractor-trailer had been involved in a head-on crash. They suspect the pickup, a 2005 Ford F150, was traveling southbound on U.S. 281 when it drifted across the median for an unknown reason.
The crash caused the pickup to be engulfed in flames.
The driver of the pickup, 45-year-old Jose Navor Rojas-Resendiz, and the passenger, 35-year-old Paula Marie Rojas, were pronounced dead at the scene. Two young girls were ejected from the vehicle and also pronounced dead at the scene.
The driver of the tractor trailer was treated at the scene.
The crash remains under investigation.
Truck Accident Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- An estimated 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashes in 2019.
- 5,005 people were killed in truck accidents in 2019, with large trucks accounting for 10 percent of all vehicles involved in fatal collisions for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously been involved in reported crashes – more than any other vehicle type.
- An additional 159,000 people were injured in truck crashes in 2019.
- Among the states with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652 deaths
- California: 408 deaths
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Speak with an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Texas allows victims of truck accidents to recover fair compensation for the injuries and damages they have suffered. Because the laws around truck accidents can be complex, it is essential you work with a qualified injury attorney if you wish to recover full compensation.
Our attorneys have represented injured clients for more than 25 years. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends to help you. Our firm has offices in Corpus Christi, San Antonio, Austin, and Dallas serving clients across Texas and nationwide. Call now for your FREE Case Review.