2 Injured in Multi-Vehicle Crash in Central Austin
At least two people were injured Sunday evening as a result of a multi-vehicle crash on Interstate 35 in Central Austin.
As Many as Eight Vehicle Involved in Austin Crash
According to KVUE, it is suspected that as many as eight vehicles were involved in the Sunday collision.
The crash occurred on the 3400 block of the lower deck of I-35 around 6:45 pm, though what initiated the crash is still under investigation.
Two adults were transported to local hospitals; fortunately, their injuries were not considered life-threatening. It is unclear if other injuries occurred.
All southbound lanes of the interstate were closed following the crash as crews worked the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
2021 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,489 people died in traffic crashes on Texas roadways in 2021. This marked an alarming 15.22% increase from the 3,896 deaths recorded in 2020.
- Of those killed in Texas traffic accidents:
- 2,291 occurred in rural areas of the state
- 1,550 were killed in single-vehicle, run-off-the-road crashes
- 1,037 people were killed in crashes related to intersections
- 613 were killed in head-on crashes.
- An additional 239,539 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 19,448 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Speak to an Experienced Austin Car Accident Attorney
If you or a loved one were injured in a car crash in or around Austin, Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for your FREE Case Consultation.
Over the past 30 years, our law firm has helped thousands of injured victims recover fair compensation for their injuries and damages. We know that some injuries never fully heal, and we know that money cannot replace the love of a lost family member. However, we also know that just compensation can help injured victims and those who have lost loved ones get their lives back on track.
Call now for your case review with an Austin car accident lawyer. Let us help you on your road to recovery.