7 Killed, 1 in Critical Condition After Head-On Crash near San Antonio
Seven people are dead and another remains in critical condition following a head-on collision along a two-lane road in Comal County.
Details of the Fatal Head-On Collision
According to the Associated Press, the fatal San Antonio accident happened Sunday evening when a Ford f-150 veered into oncoming traffic of Farm-to-Market 2722 near Buffalo Springs Road and slammed head-on into an SUV.
Five victims in the SUV were killed in the crash, including two children. One young passenger in the SUV survived the crash but was still listed in critical condition as of Tuesday.
The male driver and passenger in the Ford F-150 pickup were also killed in the crash.
Additional details on the victims were not immediately available, and it is currently unclear why the pickup crossed over the center line.
The crash remains under investigation.
2021 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
The following information about Texas and San Antonio accidents was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 4,489 people were killed in Texas traffic crashes in 2021, marking a 15.22% increase from the 3,896 deaths reported in 2020.
- 04% of traffic deaths occurred in rural areas of the state, and 613 deaths were attributed to head-on collisions.
- An additional 239,539 people were injured in Texas traffic crashes in 2021 with 19,448 people suffering serious, incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a crash in Texas every 1 hour and 57 minutes
- A person was injured every 2 minutes and 12 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds
Speak with Our Experienced San Antonio Car Accident Lawyers
Our team is experienced in handling car accident cases, and we have the knowledge and resources to help you get the full compensation you deserve. We are committed to your financial recovery as well as ensuring you receive treatment for your injuries.