Austin Police are searching for a hit-and-run driver who fled the scene of a fatal pedestrian crash last week.
Identity of Deceased Pedestrian Released
KXAN reports the fatal crash occurred on Monday, March 14 in south Austin.
Police say Terry Zielger, Jr. was struck by a red sports car in the 5600 block of West Gate Boulevard. Ziegler was hospitalized but died eight days later.
The driver involved fled the scene continuing southeast on West Gate Boulevard. The police are now asking for the public’s help in identifying the driver.
Anyone with information on the crash or the driver involved should contact the Highway Investigation Tip Line at 512-974-8111. Anonymous tips can also be submitted through Crime Stoppers at 512-472-8477 (TIPS) or through the Crime Stoppers and APD apps.
Safety Tips for Pedestrians
- Use sidewalks whenever they’re available. If there’s no sidewalk, walk on the left side of the road facing traffic.
- Always cross at intersections or marked crosswalks. Look left, then right, then left again before proceeding.
- Make eye contact with drivers before crossing the street. Never assume a driver sees you.
- Be visible. Wear something light or reflective after dark.
- Don’t be distracted by devices that take your eyes and ears off the road.
- As a passenger, get in or out of a vehicle on the curbside of the street.
Contact an Experienced Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a pedestrian accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law about your legal options.
For nearly 30 years, Thomas J. Henry Law has represented clients in all manner of personal injury cases, including pedestrian accidents. We have built a reputation for being a law firm that gets results and are now one of the go-to firms for injured victims in Texas.
Call now to speak with an experienced Texas pedestrian accident attorney. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.