Crash Involving Two 18-Wheelers Shuts Down San Antonio Highway Loop
A portion of W Loop 1604 in San Antonio was temporarily shut down following a crash involving two 18-wheelers.
Details of the San Antonio 18-Wheeler Accident
According to KSAT, the crash occurred Thursday afternoon in the 700 block of W Loop 1604 S. Officials shut down all southbound lanes of the loop from Potranco Road to Marbach Road as crews worked the scene.
Traffic was re-routed to the W. Military exit during the closure.
Officials are unsure of what led to the collision between the two 18-wheelers. It was also unclear if any additional vehicles were involved in the crash.
It is unknown if any injuries were sustained as a result of the 18-wheeler accident.
Texas 18-Wheeler Accident Statistics
- 538,000 large trucks were involved in police-reported crashe4s in 2019.
- These truck crashes resulted in 5,005 deaths with large trucks accounting for 10% of all vehicles involved in fatal crashes for the year.
- 9% of large truck drivers involved in fatal crashes had previously recorded crashes – higher than any other vehicle type.
- Another 159,000 people were injured in truck accidents in 2019.
- States with the most truck accident deaths were:
- Texas: 652
- California: 408
- Florida: 349
- Georgia: 204
- Ohio: 172
Speak with an Experienced 18-Wheeler Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was involved in a crash with an 18-wheeler, you should take immediate action to protect your rights. An experienced attorney can help ensure you and your family are treated with respect and compensated fairly for your damages.
Over the past three decades, Thomas J. Henry Law has built a reputation as a firm that gets results. We have secured record-breaking verdicts and settlements for our clients and work every case towards maximum compensation. We always work on a contingency fee basis, so you pay us nothing unless and until we win your case.
Do not wait, call now to speak with an 18-wheeler accident attorney near you.