Dallas Motorcyclist Killed in Crash with Dump Truck
A motorcyclist died Thursday morning in a crash with a dump truck in northeast Dallas.
Details of the Dallas Motorcycle Accident
According to WFAA, the crash occurred around 1 a.m. on Forest Lane near the LBJ Freeway service road.
Police say the dump truck was traveling northbound on the service road when a motorcycle ran a red light and crashed into the driver-side door of the truck. The motorcycle was thrown from his vehicle.
The motorcyclist was pronounced dead at the scene. The truck driver remained on the scene is was not injured.
The service road was closed while police worked the scene. The crash remains under investigation.
Motorcycle Accident statistics
The following information was provided by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA):
- 5,014 motorcyclists died in traffic accidents in the United States in 2019.
- About 34% of crashes involving motorcycles are fatal.
- Alcohol was a factor in 1,689 motorcycle fatalities in 2019.
- On average, motorcycle riders are 29 times more likely to die per mile traveled than an occupant of a passenger vehicle.
- Another 84,000 motorcyclists were injured in crashes in 2019.
- 91% of motorcyclist deaths are men.
Speak with an Experienced Dallas Motorcyclist Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one have been injured in a car accident in or around Dallas, call Thomas J. Henry Law for a FREE Case Review.
Motorcycle accidents can happen in an instant, leaving riders with significant injuries. Treatment for these injuries along with the cost of physical therapy can cause medical bills to pile up, leaving you at a loss of how to pay. You should not be liable for medical expenses caused by another person’s negligence.
At Thomas J. Henry Law, we believe in holding the person responsible for your crash accountable. We will seek every avenue of financial compensation. Let us worry about getting the money you need. You focus on getting better.
Motorcycle accident attorneys are standing 24/7. Call now.