On This Page
Motorcycle Accidents Common in Dallas and Throughout Texas
Unfortunately, motorcycle accidents are not an uncommon occurrence in Dallas, and fatal motorcycle crashes are on the rise throughout our state.
According to TXDOT, Texas saw an alarming 17% increase in Texas motorcycle fatalities in 2020 with 482 deaths recorded. There were an additional 1,856 motorcyclists seriously injured in the 7,481 motorcycle crashes in 2020.
Injuries suffered in motorcycle accidents are on average more severe than those suffered in car accidents. Because of the limited protection offered by a motorcycle, injuries can often require surgeries as well as long-term treatment and physical therapy. In addition to physical hardships, medical bills and time off of work can place financial burdens on you and your family. Let our Dallas motorcycle accident attorneys assist you with the legal process and help you get back on your feet.
Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents in Dallas
Like car accidents, motorcycle accidents are most often the result of human error. They tend to occur in the same places as car accidents, such as busy intersections, and be the product of negligence, inattentiveness, and lapses in judgment.
The following are the top contributing factors for multiple-vehicle motorcycle accidents:
- Lack of experience with riding a motorcycle
- Failure to yield to the right of way
- Speeding or driving recklessly
- Distracted driving & not driving defensively
- Failure to remain visible at all times
- Many drivers involved in accidents with motorcycles claim to have not seen the motorcyclist coming
- Failure to yield to stop signs or stop lights
- Inclement weather creating dangerous road conditions
- Mechanical issues
- Accidents can be caused by defects in a motorcycle’s design; this could be the basis for a product liability case.
Injuries Caused by Motorcycle Accidents
The most common motorcycle accident injuries include, but are not limited to:
- Head injuries, including traumatic brain injuries
- Neck injuries
- Spinal cord and back injuries
- Broken or fractured bones
- Road rash
- Eye injuries
Dallas Motorcycle Accident Lawyers Ready to Help You
If you or a loved one has been injured in a motorcycle accident, call Thomas J. Henry Law now for your FREE case review. Our firm has represented injured motorcyclists for more than 25 years. We have the knowledge and resources to handle your claim effectively and can help put you in the best position to receive the compensation you deserve. Call now.
Our Dallas Personal Injury Law Offices
- Phone number: 214-646-3953 (attorneys available 24/7 to assist you)
- Address: 6031 Connection Dr, #900, Irving, Texas 75039 (walk-in Monday through Friday)