Police have made an arrest in a head-on crash that involved an 18-wheeler near College Station. Drunk driving is expected.
Details of the College Station Trucking Accident
According to FOX 44 News, the crash occurred early Friday morning in the southbound Earl Rudder Freeway at Harvey Mitchell Parkway.
At around 1:18 am, a Toyota pickup truck was heading northbound in the southbound lanes of the Earl Rudder Freeway when it collided head-on with an 18-wheeler near the Harvey Mitchell Parkway overpass.
Both the driver of the pickup and the truck driver were injured in the crash. The driver of the pickup was arrested for Driving While Intoxicated.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Contact an Experienced Drunk Driving Injury Attorney
If you were injured or lost a loved one to a drunk driving crash in Texas, call Thomas J. Henry Law.
Since 1993, our law firm has helped clients involved in drunk driving crashes and their families. We have the resources and experience to ensure you are in the best position to secure maximum compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Our attorneys are available 24/7, nights and weekends to help you. Call now for your FREE Case Review.