San Antonio police arrested a Corvette driver Friday night after the suspected drunk driver crashed into multiple vehicles on the city’s West Side.
Details of the San Antonio Drunk Driving Crash
According to KSAT, the crash occurred around 11 pm Friday in the 1200 block of Guadalupe Street, near South Colorado Street.
Police say a red 2003 Chevrolet Corvette was traveling at a high rate of speed when it attempted to pass a Toyota Camry and sideswiped it. The Corvette then hit a 2014 Kia Soul taxi head-on, sending the Soul into a white 2006 GMC Envoy.
The driver of the Soul suffered serious injuries and was rushed to University Hospital.
Police determined the driver of the Corvette was intoxicated and arrested him for intoxication assault.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Injured by a Drunk Driver? Call Thomas J. Henry Law
If you or a loved one was injured in a car crash involving a drunk driver, call Thomas J. Henry Law immediately.
For more than 25 years, Thomas J. Henry has represented clients injured in drunk driving accidents in San Antonio and surrounding communities. We have the experience and expertise to help you secure compensation for all of the damages you have suffered.
Do not wait. Call now to speak with a San Antonio drunk driving attorney about your case. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.