Driver Flees Scene of Major Crash that Left 3 Injured
San Antonio police arrested a hit-and-run driver late Friday night following a serious crash that injured three people.
San Antonio Police Arrest Hit-and-Run Driver After Crash
According to KSAT, San Antonio police responded to a hit-and-run at the intersection of Loop 410 and Fredericksburg Road.
The crash occurred around 11:30 pm when the driver of a 2007 Ford Mustang that was traveling northbound on Fredericksburg ran a red light at Fredericksburg Road and crashed into a 2018 Ford Eagle.
Three occupants were in the Ford Eagle, a 56-year-old man and two teens, who suffered minor injuries. The driver of the Mustang fled the scene.
Fortunately, the police were able to track down the driver and arrest them at their residence. Their name and age have not been released.
The Mustang driver was charged with failure to stop and render aid, and an investigation into the crash is ongoing.
2020 Texas Traffic Accident Statistics
Despite the pandemic and reduced traffic, 2020 still proved to be a deadly year for Texas drivers. According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in car crashes in Texas in 2020. A 7.54% increase from 2019.
- The fatality rate on Texas roadways increased a staggering 18.94% from 2019 to 2020
- 538 of those deaths were the result of head-on collisions.
- 865 people were killed in crashes that occurred at or near intersections.
- An additional 205,489 people were injured in traffic crashes in Texas in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering incapacitating injuries.
- Based on reportable data for 2020, TxDOT determined:
- One person was killed in a car crash in Texas every 2 hours and 15 minutes.
- A person was injured in a crash every 2 minutes and 34 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute and 7 seconds.
Contact a San Antonio Auto Accident Attorney
Car crashes can happen in an instant, leaving victims with serious injuries and expensive medical bills. If your crash and injuries were caused by a negligent driver, you deserve compensation for the damages you have suffered.
Call Thomas J. Henry Law to file your car accident lawsuit. We can help you secure maximum financial compensation while ensuring you are able to get the medical treatment you need. Let us deal with insurance companies while you focus on getting better.
Call now to speak with a licensed San Antonio car accident lawyer.