Euless Man Charged with Murder for Irving Drunk Driving Crash
About the Fatal Irving Drunk Driving Crash
KRLD reports Joel Calderon, 41, was intoxicated when he crashed into a motorcycle on June 5, killing two in the Irving accident.
Police say the accident happened around 2 am on the Bush Turnpike. The crash killed Hilary Febus, 29, and Luis Torres, 28.
Calderon had two previous drunk driving convictions prior to this fatal collision.
A Dallas County grand jury indicted Calderon on two counts of murder. Each carries a possible life sentence.
Calderon was booked on a $1 million bond.
Texas Drunk Driving Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,896 people were killed in Texas crashes in 2020, marking a 7.54% increase from the 3,623 deaths reported in 2019.
- 865 of the traffic deaths reported in 2020 were the result of crashes that occurred at or in relation to an intersection.
- 958 people were killed in crashes involving a driver that was under the influence of alcohol.
- An additional 205,498 people were injured in crashes in 2020 with 14,656 people suffering a serious injury.
- Based on reportable crash data for the year:
- One person was killed in a car crash every 2 hours 15 minutes
- One person was injured in a car crash every 2 minutes 34 seconds
- A reportable crash occurred every 1 minute 7 seconds
Work with an Experienced Irving Drunk Driving Lawyer
If you or a loved one were injured in a crash with a loved one, call Thomas J. Henry Law for immediate assistance.
For nearly 30 years, our law firm has helped clients throughout Texas recover fair compensation for injuries related to traffic accidents and other personal injury matters. Among those we deal with most often are crashes involving drunk or intoxicated drivers.
One of the most devastating aspects of drunk driving crashes is the fact that they are entirely preventable. At Thomas J. Henry Law, our attorneys want to help you recover fair compensation for the devastation you have endured.