Head-On Collision on Highway 75 Kills One, Critically Injures Others
One person was killed and several other people are in critical condition following a head-on crash on Highway 75 in Walker County.
Details of the Walker County Crash
KHOU reports the fatal crash occurred on State Highway 75 near Mitchell Cemetery Road south of Huntsville.
Eight people were involved in the two-vehicle collision. Emergency crews arrived to find a Chevy pickup and a Chevy Malibu with heavy front-end damage. Witnesses say the pickup was traveling southbound when it experienced a tire blowout and crossed into oncoming traffic where it hit the Malibu head-on.
The front seat passenger of the Malibu was killed in the crash. The driver and two children in the back seat of the Malibu were airlifted to a hospital.
The driver of the pickup and a pregnant woman in the front passenger seat were also airlifted from the scene while a third adult and a child were taken to the hospital via ambulance.
The crash remains under investigation.
Texas Auto Accident Statistics
The following information was provided by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT):
- 3,773 people were killed in Texas traffic accidents in 2016, marking a 5.45% increase from the 3,578 deaths reported in 2015.
- 638 of the deaths reported in 2016 were attributed to head-on collisions.
- Alcohol was determined to be a factor in 987 traffic deaths, accounting for roughly 26% of all Texas traffic fatalities.
- An additional 264,076 people were injured in auto accidents in Texas in 2016.
- Based on reportable data for 2016, TxDOT estimates:
- One person was killed in a traffic accident every 2 hours and 20 minutes.
- One person was injured every 1 minute and 59 seconds.
- A reportable crash occurred every 57 seconds.
Contact an Experienced Car Accident Lawyer
If you or a loved one was involved in a car crash, call Thomas J. Henry Law for representation.
Since 1993, our law firm has represented clients injured in car accidents across Texas. Over that time, we have secured meaningful results for our clients including record-breaking verdicts and settlements.
Do not wait. Call Thomas J. Henry Law today to speak with a car accident attorney about your case. We are available 24/7, nights and weekends.